Guided visits of the historical centre of Annonay, home of some of the first ever flights, where the first hot-air balloon flight left from the Place des Cordeliers. Visit also the chapel of the Saint Marie Convent, the Martyrs’ Tower (11th and 12th centuries), the Trachin Chapel (14th century). Annonay also has a rich industrial past ( leather, wool, paper and industrial techniques), which has given rise to several museums.
The Canson and Montgolfier paparworks museum installed in the family home of the Montgolfier brothers, inventors of the aerostat, in Vidalon. All the steps necessary to produce a sheet of paper on view plus the visitor can leave with his own’handmade’ paper.
The Alambic museum, following the life of the ‘bouilleurs de cru’ (spirit distillers) in Saint Desirat with 65 waxwork figures and a tasting session at the end at the Jean Gauthier Distillery.
The Mariniers musem, illustrating the old wooden horse-drawn barges.
The ‘Charronnage au Car’ (cart to coach) museum in Vanosc, the bithplace of Joseph Besset, a cartwright who invented the first coach without chassis. Possibility of a guided tour of the Iveco Bus factory, with prior booking.
Wine route through the Côte du Rhône vineyards (Viognier, Saint Joseph, Condieu, Côte Rotie, Hermitage…).
- The hot-air balloon festival (first weekend of June), entertainment with fifty or more balloons from the four corners of the globe.
- Waymarked hiking and mountain biking paths
- La Résilience horseriding stables (on site)
- Haras de La Majorie in Quintenas (5 km)
- Thalassotherapy Centre : L’ESCAPADE (7 km)
- Golf de Saint Clair (8 km),
- Fishing in the Ternay Lake (11 km)
- Cross-country skiing in Burdignes (22 km)
- Rock-climbing (5 km)
- Tennis (2km)
- Gyropode (Segway) outings
- Hot-air balloon maiden flights and rides
- Off-road motorcycling
- Quad bikes with Quad Aventure,
- Chemin de Fer du Vivarais “le Mastrou” (tourist steam railway)
- Vélorail (rail-bike) in the Ardèche.
Peaugres Safari Park, 15 km away, is the largest animal park in the Rhône-Alpes : you can see more than 800 species of animal in the semi-wild as well as an aquatic area with sea lions and penguins and a reptile house with snakes, crocodiles, tortoises, iguanas, tree frogs… Also there is entertainment, a teaching farm, children’s games…
A health spa for relaxation and treatments in Boulieu les Annonay. A team of qualified professionals will advise you of their many cosmetic and wellbeing treatments. Enjoy a moment of relaxation in good hands…
04 75 67 99 53
Tourism Office Annonay : www.ardechegrandair.com
04 75 33 24 51